We use our church's back-end software called Church Community Builder (CCB) to do all scheduling. To sign into your CCB account, click the button below:
Boss Series - Sept 2019
SERIES OVERVIEW: Raise your hand if you’ve ever wanted to scream, “You’re not the boss of me!” (You can also raise your hand if you have, in fact, actually screamed it.) Especially when we’re teenagers, we tend to push back on the people, places, and things that control and hold authority over us. But here’s the catch: whether we admit it or not, we’ve all given someone (or something) control of our lives. In this 4-week series, you’ll challenge students to consider who, or what, they’ve allowed to be their boss. Because whether it’s the god of me, the god of stuff, the god of worry, or the god of obsession, we all know what it’s like to have an authority problem.
SERIES DESIGN: Click the button below to see how to create the stage for this series.
Week 1 - Sept. 15
- This week, you’ll look at the story of God giving the Ten Commandments and an encounter between James, John, and Jesus as you challenge students to see the problems with being their own "boss."
- THE BIG IDEA: We defeat the god of me by giving up our seat
- THE BIBLE: Exodus 20:1-3; Mark 10:35-45; Matthew 16:24-25
Week 2 - Sept. 22
- This week, you’ll look at the story of a man who asked Jesus to side with him in a fight with his brother over their dad's stuff as you encourage students to never let their stuff be the "boss" of them.
- THE BIG IDEA: We defeat the god of stuff by letting go of our things
- THE BIBLE: Exodus 20:1-3, 32:1-4; Luke 12:13-34; Matthew 16:24-26
Week 3 - Sept. 29
- This week, you’ll look at a portion of The Sermon on the Mount as you help students see how they've allowed their worries to be their "boss," rather than putting God first.
- THE BIG IDEA: We defeat the god of worry by seeking God first
- THE BIBLE: Exodus 20:1-3; Matthew 6:25-34; I Peter 5:7
Week 4 - Oct 6
- This week, you’ll help students see that the greatest friendship we can ever build is our friendship with God, who is with us through every difficulty.
- THE BIG IDEA: We defeat the god of obsession by shifting our attention
- THE BIBLE: Matthew 6:21-23; Exodus 20:1-3; I Corinthians 10:23; Matthew 22:37